Five Tips for Keeping Your House Pest Free
As outside temperatures drop, unwanted household pests frequently seek out shelter inside homes. They might not seem as active as they are during the summer, but they’re still around. The good news is that most infestations are preventable with a proactive approach.
The Bug Man, Inc, is your Arkansas pest control leader, and we’re here to help you keep your home pest-free this winter. We have a full staff of highly trained specialists available year-round, and we guarantee your satisfaction on all of our services. In the meantime, here are a few things that you can do on your own:
- Eliminate nesting places inside the home-Basements, garages, and storage rooms should be as uncluttered as possible. Some bugs love to nest in cardboard boxes, some enjoy moist and humid areas, and most household insects are particularly fond of the dark.
- Eliminate food sources-Make sure not to leave dishes piled up in the sink, and don’t store food on kitchen counters unless it’s in an airtight container. Sweep and mop regularly, and make sure that you clean under appliances and furniture. Don’t leave pet food out when your pets aren’t eating, and be sure to keep litter boxes clean.
- Eliminate outdoor habitats-Keep your lawn mowed and leaves raked, and prune back any vegetation that comes into contact with the house. Also, be sure to eliminate standing water sources outside, and keep rain barrels and your pets’ water dishes away from the house.
- Use repellents– Several commercial chemical repellents are available at the grocery store or the hardware store, and there are also several natural repellents available that you can make yourself with household ingredients and essential oils.
- Use traps and poisons-Glue traps are particularly effective for small insects, but many poisons are designed to be carried back to the nest to eliminate the whole infestation. Remember to keep poisons out of the reach of pets and children.
Dealing with household pests is challenging, but the good news is that you don’t have to face an infestation alone. Our team of specialists at The Bug Man, Inc. are a phone call away, and we’re ready to help you enjoy the holiday season without any unwanted guests. For more information, click here, or give us a call at (501) 663-9464.