Now that it’s getting colder, you’re not the only warm-blooded creature seeking shelter in your home or business. Mice pest control is at its peak, along with rodent and rat eradication, because these unwelcome visitors cause all kinds of problems once they get inside.
The Bug Man, Inc., with residential and commercial services throughout Arkansas, has experienced rodent pest control technicians to handle any infestation.
- Hantavirus: This potentially life-threatening disease is transmitted primarily through deer mice. Symptoms include fatigue, fever and muscle aches, headaches, dizziness and chills.
- Bubonic Plague: This is a highly contagious and often deadly disease. It’s usually spread by the bite of an infected rodent flea. Symptoms include fever, headache and swollen lymph nodes.
- Salmonellosis: This is a type of food poisoning spread by feces, primarily through eating contaminated food. It causes diarrhea, fever and abdominal pain, with about 40,000 cases reported annually in the U.S.
- Rat-Bite Fever: Also a potentially fatal disease, it’s spread by infected rodents or eating contaminated food. Symptoms (fever, vomiting, headaches, rash and muscle pain) usually occur 3-10 days after exposure.
- Actual: Most structural damage is caused by gnawing and nest building. Mice can chew holes through siding and/or window or door frames. Damage to insulation in walls and attics is common. They’ll nest in large appliances, causing short circuits, fire hazards or other malfunctions.
- Cost: Rodents cause an estimated $1 billion-plus in property damage each year in the U.S. They’re the culprits behind up to 25 percent of house fires. Damaged family heirlooms, pictures and other keepsakes, often stored in your attic or basement, may be impossible to replace.
- Clean-up: One female can reproduce up to 35 young annually. With no bladder control, they leave a urine trail everywhere they go. And a single mouse produces 50-75 droppings each day. They can also contaminate your food — and possibly every surface in your kitchen — with urine, droppings and hair.
Let us protect your health — and your home or business. Call us at 501.663.9464, or contact us online to request a quote.