Like your home, wooden furniture can also fall prey to termites. Termites feed on the cellulose from ingested wood and over time they can wreak havoc on your home, your furniture, and your peace of mind. They can be found in areas such as:
- Furniture, especially older furniture and antiques
- Inside built-in cabinets
- Door and window frames
- Baseboards and wooden flooring
- Exposed beams and wood paneling
Some of the signs of termite infestation include:
- Swarmers – Winged termites move in small swarms of 10 to 100, and are attracted to light sources such as light fixtures and windows. The generally emerge from small openings, called kick holes.
- Discarded wings – Swarmers shed their wings when they land, and will often leave piles of discarded wing on the inside windowsills, caught up in spider webs, or on the floor.
- Droppings – Termites leave droppings behind as they feed on wood. The droppings are similar in color to the wood and consist of hard pellets, hexagonal in shape, approximately 1/32-inch in length.
- Hollow Wood – Even furniture that shows no outward signs of damage will have a hollow sound to it if it has been infested.
If you spot signs of damage under your furniture, inside drawers, along internal horizontal surfaces or you see small holes in woodwork with signs of droppings or discarded wings, call The Bug Man right away for the best termite control service in Little Rock.
We’ll send a highly trained pest control specialist to your home or business for a free, no obligation termite inspection and quote for service. Print one of our money saving coupons and you’ll save on your very first termite treatment.
Don’t let termites eat you out of house and home. Call The Bug Man at 501-663-9464, or contact us online and let’s get started making your home your termite-free castle again! And, after you’ve experienced our service first-hand, refer a friend for even more savings.
You’ll be glad you did because when The Bug Man comes knocking, the bugs go running.