Got Critters Moving In? Call The Bug Man!
- Tuesday, 18 August 2015 11:17
The Bug Man
Uninvited company can create chaos in any home, whether it’s mice in your basement, squirrels in your attic, or bats in your belfry. Not only are they a nuisance, but they can make you and your family sick, and it’s best if you can keep them from ever coming in.
If an opening to your home as small as one-quarter inch exists, mice can find their way in, and squirrels can wriggle through an opening just 2-1/2 inches in diameter. But, rather than turn your indoors over to the great outdoors, these suggestions from The Bug Man can help keep wildlife in the wild:
- Find access points: Open vents, basement or garage openings, gaps where electrical lines come in, damaged roof fascia, and even chimneys are all potential welcome mats for these unwelcome guests. A thorough check around the outside of your home will likely reveal a number of secret passageways, especially around your foundation and roof.
- Use appropriate methods to seal or cut off access: Repair damaged roof areas, cover larger openings with heavy mesh screening, plug smaller holes with mortar, install weather stripping around garage and basement doors, keep trees around your home trimmed (squirrels can jump 10 feet!).
- Clean up the yard: Tree limbs or debris piles, even small ones, can serve as habitat for any number of animals who would love to share your home.
- Keep food and water sources covered: Food and water for humans or pets becomes a food source for other animals if it’s accessible.
- Close the doors: If you have a garage or basement, make sure to keep the doors closed, as you can have a visitor come in while you aren’t looking.
Even the best prevention measures can fall short at times, so if you get an uninvited guest won’t move on, whether mouse, rat, squirrel, bat, bird, or raccoon, call The Bug Man. We specialize in humane animal removal, trapping them and releasing them far from your home in a more suitable environment.
Don’t be held hostage by unwelcome guests. Call The Bug Man at 501-663-9464 or contact us online and you can have your home all to yourself again.